5 commandments to Fail Safe Selling
Marketing and Sales are two important pillars of any business. Marketing & Sales are always tough nuts to crack. The reason being, Marketing & Sales deal with one of the most intelligent creatures on this earth – HUMANS. The same HUMANS have observed, learned and identified different ways of marketing and selling and the following five steps are the Fail Safe Marketing & Sales technique for any B2B company. Looks Interesting!! Let us get the ball rolling.
1. Excite:Excite is the first stage of your success journey. Humans are extremely intelligent but very emotional too. Excitement is a positive state of emotion.It’s all about making your potential customer feel enthusiastic or eager. It is a proven fact that positive emotions lead to a faster sales cycle because, in the state of emotion, the rational thinking takes a back seat. Content Marketing is one of the good ways to excite your customers. Always prepare the content with a goal to excite your readers who create a positive and long-lasting impact rather just drum beating your product.
2. Educate:An excited customer is a great start to selling. It is natural that the customer now wants to know more about your product. That’s where the second stage comes in.Educating customers about your product is your duty. It is always good for business to have a customer who knows your product beforehand.The more the customers know how your product can solve a problem, the easier it is to convert into a sale. Share the knowledge not only about the product but also about the domain, the industry best practices, etc. with no strings attached. This makes the customer feel more connected and loyal in future. No need to say, A loyal customer is always a great asset to any company. Lead Nurturing is a good way of sharing the right knowledge on the right time to your right customers. An automated lead nurturing can make the stage of Education simple and effective.
3. Engage:Its a dream of every sales rep to get connected to an excited and educated (about your product and domain) customer. This is a make or break stage. It’s the first time that a person from your company is interacting with the customer. In your conversation, Be precise and clear and just focus on how the customer’s problems can be solved with your product. If this done right, the trust level of the customer on your company goes high. Opportunity / Deal Management of a CRM comes very handily in this phase. Capture the conversation and other details related to the customer.This is one stop shop for any sales rep to know the complete details of the engagement with the customer.
4. Execute:This is the dream stage of any business. Everyone wants the customers to come to this stage and move on very quickly to next stage too. By now the customer is fairly convinced on the majority of things about your product and now is looking into the details of the pricing, support, etc. Make no mistake and keep the required people available for you to give the necessary approvals etc. related to the pricing and other aspects of the deal. The shorter this stage is, the better it is because many competitors keep hunting for the customers who are in the advanced stage of buying a product as they can cut through time taking stages like excite and educate. Quote, and Order Management System of a CRM comes very handy in this phase. These systems are very robust and are designed to handle all the different scenarios of this stage. Note: Not all companies have this step. This can also be clubbed with the Step 3 too.
5. Evaluate:You can take a breather if you reach this stage. Its an awesome feeling to close a deal. It’s important that you take some time to look back at the complete journey of the customer and analyze on the things which can be improved. Most of the companies take this stage on a lighter side, but the great companies take this stage very seriously. Survey or Review Management System comes handy in this phase. Gather the data which can help you drive better decision making in future.
Summary:I am of an opinion that we are living in the best era of business. The technology was never this friendly to the business as it is today. Technology gives your business the wings to fly high (i.e. above the borders of states and countries) and achieve bigger goals with ease.
[bctt tweet=”Marketing Automation and CRM are the best technology available for businesses today to help you move up the ladder. # HappyMarketing Selling.” username=””]